Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Cornish Pasty Company !

Sun 3-8-2009
The Cornish Pasty Company !
I’m in heaven. Just a few blocks from my house is a restaurant slash bar that is designed in the working class or utilitarian style I like so much. It has subway tiles and stools supported by lengths of plumbing pipe at the bar area. On the walls are pictures of Cornish miners from the early 20th century. Some of the tables have chairs on one side and church pews on the other. The tables across from the bar are made of old wooden doors cut in half and covered with plexi-glass to create the flat eating surface. On the tables are green wine bottles covered with white wax from the tapers which have been dripping wax down them over time.
On draft, they have the beer I drank the whole time I was in the south of France last fall. Kronenbourg 1664 – delicious. They also have assorted microbrews from all over the place, as well as a smoking patio. The food is really pretty good! Greek salad, Italian pasty, Porky pasty, Royale with cheese, Philly cheesesteak pasty. I could go on and on, but you really need to try it for yourself. This one is on Dobson, just south of Guadelupe, but they have a Tempe location just off of University. From what I’ve heard, the new Mesa location is a little more roomy. NB 11

No comments:

Post a Comment