Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sat 1-17-2009 The Republic of Douchbagerie !

The definition of a douchebag is someone who is so full of themselves and of their own bullshit that they are completely unaware of anything or anyone but themselves. It is narcissism taken to a new and ridiculous level. Typically, it also involves them buying in lock, stock and both smoking barrels to whatever fashion craze is hot at the moment – i.e. from the show “The Hills” etc. See the song “I’m A Big Douche at the Scottsdale Bars.” Especially indicative is the current trend of wearing designer jeans with designer t-shirts and having the t-shirt tucked in just over the belt buckle area. Just yesterday, I saw a very douche bumper sticker. It said: “I Like Me !” No shit, huh.
Who cares if you like you, and why do you feel compelled to advertise the fact ? I don’t like you already based on the admittedly shallow criteria of your dumbass bumper sticker.
I never really thought women could be douchebags. I pretty much thought this was an honor reserved basically for dudes until I saw the movie “Role Models.” The chick that runs the Sturdy Wings program acts pretty douche ona number of different occasions, with all her exaggerated opinionations. Yeah – I just made that up – magical isn’t it ?? Sorry that was a little douche-esque. There I go again, inventing words. As my little friend Ms. Nano would say – it not really a word until it gains gription in the language. Gription is her made up word which melds friction with gripping power.

No comments:

Post a Comment