Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fri 1-23-2009 A Friend in Need…

Fri 1-23-2009 A Friend in Need…

Some people think that their friends will always come through for them no matter what they need and maybe they’re right. I’ve been wanting to have that kind of friend I could call at any time of the day or night just to talk when things were going shitty. I haven’t found that kind of friend even after 37 years of being alive. I’ve BEEN the friend that people call at 3 AM, but not found one for myself. Maybe my expectations are a little too high even though my overall hopes and dreams for life are pretty reasonable. I want friends to laugh with in good times and bad – someone to celebrate the pivotal moments in life with – like cracking open the first cherry beer in a brand new 24 pack.
Later…..
Grand Taurino
I discovered a wonderful thing – Taurino beer from El Salvador. I got two 18 packs of cans from Fresh N Easy for $7.99 each, and this when an 18 pack of Bud Light cans costs $13.99 on sale. Vat a bargain!
Also – Taurino means “bull”, which has multiple correlations to my life. I’m a Taurus astrological sign – “the bull”. Also, people used to call me “Benny the Bull” after the Chicago Bulls mascot. I follow the stock market as well, and I’m usually a “bull” or optimist, thinking the market is long term going to go up, instead of being a “bear” or pessimist. Taurino – it’s magic in a can, and cheap. You’re welcome !!

No comments:

Post a Comment