Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sun 3-29-2009 This World Of Ours

Sun 3-29-2009 This World Of Ours

I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news. The bad news – let’s get it out of the way – is that we come into this world and we go out of it alone. The good news is that along the way, the lucky ones of us will meet and be around people who will make our lives better and more interesting than they would have been otherwise. These people make the days go by faster, the days seem like less of a drag and we find ourselves trying to become better people for our friends.
I have a few friends like this. From time to time, they really surprise me with the things they do and say. The down side to this, of course, is that I then feel like I have to do something good to surprise them. This is the most positive version of one-upsmanship I’ve ever heard of. As long as it makes me a better person, I guess it’s all to the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment