Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sun 3-22 -2009 You Don’t Know What It’s Like…

Sun 3-22 -2009 You Don’t Know What It’s Like…

My little friend Nano was telling me some things the other evening when we were at a happy hour celebration for our co-worker Tamara. She’s a beautiful, petite Italian girl who seems to always find the wrong guys. I was saying something about how she can walk up to any guy or even just look at him and she could leave the bar with that guy. She said, “It’s really not as easy as you think!” I was like, yeah right, guys are much easier for girls to talk to than girls are for guys to approach. It’s like apples and mangoes. We’ve been trained to believe that if we hit on a girl, we are being cheesy or douchey. By hit on, I mean saying hi to her.
If a girl shows a guy that she’s interested in him, it goes pretty easily from there. With girls, when you talk to them, they like to give you twenty questions, put you through the paces, measure you up, check your wallet, ask about your job and career and find out if your family has money they could inherit one day. I told my therapist this theory a few months ago and she thought I was getting a little too cynical and jaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment